Perfect Fruit Crumble
Everybody loves fruit crumble. This crumble has three different types of fruit. I guarantee, once they’ve tasted it, everyone will want this recipe!
2 large eating apples
2 firm pears (use tinned pear halves if you like)
2 bananas (they should be yellow but not too ripe)
120g of cold butter
170g of plain flour
80g of golden caster sugar (demerara sugar will also do)
4 tablespoons of apple juice
1 tablespoon of runny honey
A large bowl and spoon
A small sharp knife to peel and cut up the fruit
An ovenproof dish
How to make your Fruit Crumble
1. Heat the oven to Gas 6, 180C. Cut butter into small cubes and put it into the bowl.
2. Add flour and use your fingers to rub the flour into the butter.
3. When the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs, stir in the sugar. That’s the crumble topping finished!
4. Peel the apples and cut them into thick slices. Throw the core away.
5. Do the same with the pears. Place both the apple and pear slices into the oven proof dish.
6. Splash the apple juice over the apple and pears.
7. Peel the bananas and slice into circles about half a centimetre thick. Arrange these on top of the apple and pear slices.
8. Drizzle the honey over the fruit.
9. Spoon the crumble over the fruit so it is even and no fruit is showing.
10. Cook for 35 minutes until crumble is golden brown and the fruit underneath is started to bubble up along the sides.
Serve your perfect fruit crumble with ice cream or cream while it’s still hot. Or, when it has cooled down, serve it with hot custard!
Other Sweets To Try
What do you think?